Saturday, November 26, 2011

Digital Samba

As some of you may know, I studied abroad in Goiânia, Goiás, Brazil for six months during the fall semester of 2010.  While there I fell in love with the country, culture, people, music, food, drinks, and general atmosphere.  One of the main things that people asked me about after my return to the States was Carnival.  "How was Carnival?"  "Did you get crazy?"  Unfortunately, my time abroad ended a couple months before Carnival, so I was unable to participate in the never-ending party of parades, music, dancing and drinking.

Although I did miss out, I know I will attend one day.  This year would be a good one to attend with new innovative digital additions.

Float design for Portela Samba School sporting digital
screens from Positivo
This year, Positivo, Brazil's largest computer producers, and Portela, one of the top samba schools in Brazil, team up together to bring samba from all over the world to Rio de Janeiro.  Positivo has donated multiple monitors to be mounted to the top of Portela's float that will display photos of individuals dancing samba from countries all over the globe. 

This innovative way of incorporating these digital screens will be giving both Positivo and Portela some positive publicity during the country's biggest event of 2011.

Source: http://adage.com/article/global-news/brazil-s-carnival-digital-marketing-element/142053/

No comments:

Post a Comment